Moving can be a hassle, but there are a few things you can do to make it easier. One of the most important things is to get plenty of boxes. Boxes will help you pack your belongings safely and securely, and they will also make it easier to load and unload your belongings at your new home.
There are a few different places where you can get moving boxes. Here are a few of the best places:
- Your local grocery store: Grocery stores often have boxes that they are willing to give away for free. Just ask the manager or a store employee if they have any boxes that they are not using.
- Your local liquor store: Liquor stores also often have boxes that they are willing to give away for free. Just ask the manager or a store employee if they have any boxes that they are not using.
Your local office supply store: Office supply stores often sell moving boxes. These boxes are typically stronger and more durable than the boxes you can get from grocery stores or liquor stores.
- Online retailers: There are a number of online retailers that sell moving boxes. These retailers often have a wider variety of boxes than you can find at local stores.
When choosing moving boxes, it’s important to consider the following factors:
- Size: The boxes should be the right size for your belongings. You don’t want the boxes to be too big or too small.
- Strength: The boxes should be strong enough to hold your belongings securely.
- Durability: The boxes should be able to withstand the rigors of transportation.
- Price: Moving boxes can range in price from a few dollars to over $10 each. Choose boxes that fit your budget.
No matter where you get your moving boxes, be sure to label each box with the contents and your new address. This will help the movers know where to put your belongings and will also help you to find them when you unpack.
With the right moving boxes, you can help ensure that your belongings arrive at your new home safely and sound.
Here are some additional tips for getting moving boxes:
- Start collecting boxes early: The earlier you start collecting boxes, the better. This will give you time to get the right number of boxes and to label them properly.
- Ask friends, family, and co-workers for boxes: Many people have boxes that they are no longer using. Ask your friends, family, and co-workers if they have any boxes that they would be willing to give you.
- Be prepared to pay for boxes: If you can’t find any free boxes, you may have to buy them. Buying boxes can be expensive, so be sure to shop around and compare prices.
- Recycle your boxes: Once you’ve moved, be sure to recycle your boxes. This is a great way to reduce waste and to help the environment.
Whether you’re moving to Boston, or a suburb outside of the city, there should be a checklist that you can reference to help make your move a little easier and a lot less stressful! That is why we have created a list to help our clients better prepare for moving day; it is always our goal to provide a stress-free moving experience for each move!
This list was made to help you get a jump start on your big move!
- What are you going to take? Well before the move day, you should have a plan on the times you’re going to take, and which ones are going to be sold, or left behind. Go into each room, take a look at all of your possessions, take notes on which items will join you in your new home, which are being sold, and which are going to be donated to charities or friends.
- Do you have packing supplies? Make sure you order your packing supplies; you want to have enough sturdy boxes to hold your possessions, tape, and bubble wrap; you also want to make sure that you have boxes of all sizes!
- Begin to pack! I know you still have a month, but if you pack up a few items every now and then, you’ll find packing a lot easier; you don’t want to save packing for the night before, nothing is worse than stress packing!
- Create a moving file. This file should contain any important file or document that you will need in your new location; these documents can be anything from birth certificates, contracts, receipts, rental agreement, insurance information, etc.
- Register your new address! Before you move, make sure you register your new address with the post office, this can be done online, that way you can skip the long lines! Then, make a list of names you should share this new address with; friends, family, banks, employer, credit card companies, newspaper & magazine subscriptions, etc.
Being prepared for a month well in advance, will help pave the way for a successful, and stress-free move; that and having a reliable and experienced moving company helping you every step of the way! Piece by Piece Movers is experienced, and we always strive to provide a stress-free move for all of our clients! For more information, please give us a call at 617-515-9886.
Moving can be extremely stressful, especially when you’re not as prepared as you should be. But here at Piece by Piece Movers, we want you to be as prepared and as stress-free as possible, so we comprised a checklist you can use prior, and during moving day!
Below you will find a list of some of the steps you can take before and during the big move day:
- Be Available & on Site: Make sure your phone is full charged, and that you are fully available, in case we have any questions during the move.
- Make Sure Pets & Children are Well Supervised: It is important to make sure children and pets are out of harms way during the moving process.
- Take Note on Energy Meter Readings: Be sure to take down readings for both the old and new locations’ energy readings.
- Keep all Bedding Material in an Accessible Location: After a long day of moving, the first thing you’re going to want to do is sleep; make sure your bedding material is in a place you can easily find.
- Relax! The moving crew here at Piece by Piece Movers will do all the heavy lifting and even packing for you! We will handle all the moving, your only job is to enjoy that first meal in your new home!
For more information about our moving services, or to schedule a free estimate, please give Piece by Piece Movers a call at 617-515-9886.