Formally based in Avon, Scituate, and Ashland, Mercury Moving and Storage Systems has been providing memorable service to clients in the south and western Boston suburbs since 1997. A family owned business, over the past two decades Mercury earned a well-deserved reputation for attention to detail, consistency, and personalized service.
It became evident, as expected, the Mercury crew members were indeed hard working and proud of the company they built. Our concerns about culture fit were quickly assuaged as we began integrating the crews. The merger was realized in April of 2016, so we have over a year of servicing Mercury clients under our belts. The Mercury brand gives us a presence and greater familiarity with the south shore suburbs as we continue to earn business in areas where we had very little name recognition prior to the acquisition.
On a personal note, we have great respect for the former owners of Mercury Moving Systems. Wonderful people whose primary concern was pleasing clients for close to 20 years. We hope to keep the Mercury brand and reputation intact well into the future. Mercury Movers cleverly refers to the planet Mercury, which is the “fastest moving” planet in our solar-system. The Piece By Piece/ Mercury Moving and Storage team now share in the pursuit of being the fastest, most efficient, and safest movers around!
Whether you’re moving to Boston, or a suburb outside of the city, there should be a checklist that you can reference to help make your move a little easier and a lot less stressful! That is why we have created a list to help our clients better prepare for moving day; it is always our goal to provide a stress-free moving experience for each move!
This list was made to help you get a jump start on your big move!
- What are you going to take? Well before the move day, you should have a plan on the times you’re going to take, and which ones are going to be sold, or left behind. Go into each room, take a look at all of your possessions, take notes on which items will join you in your new home, which are being sold, and which are going to be donated to charities or friends.
- Do you have packing supplies? Make sure you order your packing supplies; you want to have enough sturdy boxes to hold your possessions, tape, and bubble wrap; you also want to make sure that you have boxes of all sizes!
- Begin to pack! I know you still have a month, but if you pack up a few items every now and then, you’ll find packing a lot easier; you don’t want to save packing for the night before, nothing is worse than stress packing!
- Create a moving file. This file should contain any important file or document that you will need in your new location; these documents can be anything from birth certificates, contracts, receipts, rental agreement, insurance information, etc.
- Register your new address! Before you move, make sure you register your new address with the post office, this can be done online, that way you can skip the long lines! Then, make a list of names you should share this new address with; friends, family, banks, employer, credit card companies, newspaper & magazine subscriptions, etc.
Being prepared for a month well in advance, will help pave the way for a successful, and stress-free move; that and having a reliable and experienced moving company helping you every step of the way! Piece by Piece Movers is experienced, and we always strive to provide a stress-free move for all of our clients! For more information, please give us a call at 617-515-9886.
If you are moving to a smaller home, you are probably thinking about downsizing, and getting rid of some furniture that you think may not fit.
But before you give away your furniture, we advise you to hold off on that until you have officially moved into your new place! The last thing anyone wants to do is to get to their new home, and realize that some of the furniture they gave away or sold could have been used.
Now, since you sold or gave away your old furniture, you have to go out and buy new furniture at a price that is probably double what you sold your old furniture for!
Those who have bought new furniture, know it isn’t cheap. So, wait until you are all moved into your new place to sell any furniture; once you’re all unpacked and everything is in place, you can sell some of that surplus and unneeded furniture!
For a free estimate on our moving services, please give Piece by Piece Movers a call at 617-515-9886. We are looking forward to helping you move, and save money in the process!
Moving, of course, can be very stressful, especially if you’re not as prepared or organized as you should be on moving day. But if you organize your time, and start packing months in advance, and continue to pack in different spurts throughout the upcoming weeks, you will find that moving day won’t be as stressful.
If you’ve been pretty consistent on your packing throughout the past few months and weeks, this should be all that’s left on your to do list come moving day.
This list, will of course vary for each person, but try to strive to achieve this checklist at least one to two days prior to moving day:
- Laundry: Be sure that all laundry is done, so that all of your clothes are packed and ready to go.
- Disconnect all Electronic Equipment: Disconnect all appliances and electronics, and remove bulbs from lamps. If you are unsure on how to disconnect gas appliances, be sure to call a professional!
- Defrost the Freezer: If you are bringing the fridge to your new location, make sure you defrost and completely dry it out for transportation.
- Finish Packing: Put the finishing touches on all packing projects. Be sure to label all boxes to make unloading easier and more organized.
For more information on our moving services, please give Piece by Piece Movers a call at 617-515-9886. We are looking forward to helping make your big move as stress-free and as easy as possible!
When moving, there are a lot of items that get left behind; why don’t you consider selling some of these unwanted items? Selling some of these items that you were just going to leave behind anyway, will put some extra cash in your pockets!
You can hold a yard sale, and sell some of these items to your friends and neighbors. If you don’t like the idea of hosting a yard sale, or if you just have a few items you’re willing to part with, try eBay and other online stores.
If you are donating these items, make sure you ask for a receipt so that you can file it with your federal income tax deductions.
Saving money any which way you can is a great strategy, especially if you’re moving.
For moving services, please give Piece by Piece Movers a call at 617-515-9886.
The New Year can bring new beginnings for people all over the Boston MA area.
If you’re looking to start the New Year off a move, whether it is locally or not, Piece by Piece Movers is the company for you! We provide the most reliable moving services in the Greater Boston area.
Each member of our moving crew is highly trained and experienced, and can handle just about any move that is thrown their way.
We handle each move with the utmost care and will work diligently to complete each move as quickly and efficiently as possible!
If you’re thinking about starting the new year off with a move, give Piece by Piece Movers a call today at 617-515-9886. We are looking forward to helping you and those close to you move to a new location in 2014!
Moving can be extremely stressful, especially when you’re not as prepared as you should be. But here at Piece by Piece Movers, we want you to be as prepared and as stress-free as possible, so we comprised a checklist you can use prior, and during moving day!
Below you will find a list of some of the steps you can take before and during the big move day:
- Be Available & on Site: Make sure your phone is full charged, and that you are fully available, in case we have any questions during the move.
- Make Sure Pets & Children are Well Supervised: It is important to make sure children and pets are out of harms way during the moving process.
- Take Note on Energy Meter Readings: Be sure to take down readings for both the old and new locations’ energy readings.
- Keep all Bedding Material in an Accessible Location: After a long day of moving, the first thing you’re going to want to do is sleep; make sure your bedding material is in a place you can easily find.
- Relax! The moving crew here at Piece by Piece Movers will do all the heavy lifting and even packing for you! We will handle all the moving, your only job is to enjoy that first meal in your new home!
For more information about our moving services, or to schedule a free estimate, please give Piece by Piece Movers a call at 617-515-9886.
Here at Piece by Piece Movers, we provide our moving services for both residents and business owners of the Greater Boston area. We recently helped a family of four move across the town of Wellesley; they wanted to move into a bigger house to fit their growing family.
We first gave them a free estimate on the cost and the time frame it would take to complete this in town move. After they expected the terms of the estimate, they scheduled a time to start the move; we always have an open schedule to fit the busiest of schedules.
We were able to load everything up in a timely manner; we always make it an effort to be as careful as possible with all belongings. All of our movers are experienced, and have been trained to efficiently and gently load and unload cargo.
Our moving team was able to make the cross town move with ease. The family was very happy with our moving process, and said that we took the stress right out of moving.
It is always our goal, here at Piece by Piece Movers to provide a stress-free move for all our clients. For more information on our moving company, please feel free to give us a call at 617-515-9886.
Here at Piece by Piece Movers, we have been helping businesses all over the Boston MA area relocate to new offices and buildings.
No matter how big or your move is, we will always strive to create a stress-free moving environment; we will do everything in our power to deliver all of your belongings safely.
We have over five years of experience, and we will help you and your company relocate to a new office or building!
Give us a call at 617-515-9886 for a free estimate!