As we navigate through the COVID-19 outbreak, we wanted to review how we are keeping everyone safe.
All of us at Piece by Piece Movers are grateful to be deemed an essential business. We appreciate your patience, loyalty and grace during this time. We stay committed to providing the best moving and storage services in Boston. We are closely following all federal, state and local government recommendations, and have enforced safety protocols from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
How PBP is protecting both customers and employees/How customers can help keep everyone safe
- Movers are required to wear mask and gloves during the move.
- Limiting any unnecessary contact including customary traditions like greeting customers with a handshake.
- No individual is allowed come to work if they or their family or friends have experienced any cold-like symptoms, including fever and / or shortness of breath in the prior 7 days
- Asking customers who have access to masks or face covers to wear them during the walk-through with the moving crew, as well as maintaining a safe distance of 6 feet or more at all times.
- If possible, having customers be prepared to leave their home for the duration of the move after the initial walk-through is completed with the moving crew.
- Being prepared to do much of their interaction with our Crew Chief through phone calls, text, and/or FaceTime during the progression of the move.
- Weather permitting, having windows and doors opened throughout the home to let constant airflow in and out of the home
- Once settled, movers are asked to limit two individuals at any given time in each room.
- VIRTUAL VIDEO SURVEYS: All prospective customers will be offered an alternative to the traditional on-site pre-move survey. We have updated our technology offerings to include the ability to perform a VIRTUAL VIDEO SURVEY of your home or office. This will minimize face-to-face contact time and still allow our Moving Consultants to provide accurate move estimates.
- PRE-MOVE CUSTOMER WELLNESS CHECK: Our Scheduling Team will contact Customers in advance of the arrival of our Move Team to inquire if the Customer feels ill, or suspects that have had contact with an infected person. Move services can be canceled or postponed to mitigate risk and ensure safety of Team Members and Customers.
- PRE-MOVE TEAM MEMBER WELLNESS CHECK. We have posted signs and symptoms of COVID-19 throughout our offices to better inform and provide awareness to our Team Members. All Team Members upon arriving at our offices will have hand cleaning supplies readily available.