As we navigate through the COVID-19 outbreak, we wanted to review how we are keeping everyone safe.
All of us at Piece by Piece Movers are grateful to be deemed an essential business. We appreciate your patience, loyalty and grace during this time. We stay committed to providing the best moving and storage services in Boston. We are closely following all federal, state and local government recommendations, and have enforced safety protocols from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
The precautions we take are as follows:
- Once settled, movers are asked to limit two individuals at any given time in each room.
- Movers are asked to take a few days off if they or their family or friends have experienced any cold-like symptoms, including fever and/or shortness of breath in the prior 7 days
- All staff respects social distancing and we do our best to keep the 6-feet distance from one another
- Movers are mindful to wash their hands repeatedly throughout the day and not to touch their own face.
- Our office staff is all able to work remotely during this time.
- If any associate feels uncomfortable coming to work, they will be allowed to stay home.
- VIRTUAL VIDEO SURVEYS: All prospective customers will be offered an alternative to the traditional on-site pre-move survey. We have updated our technology offerings to include the ability to perform a VIRTUAL VIDEO SURVEY of your home or office. This will minimize face-to-face contact time and still allow our Moving Consultants to provide accurate move estimates.
- PRE-MOVE CUSTOMER WELLNESS CHECK: Our Scheduling Team will contact Customers in advance of the arrival of our Move Team to inquire if the Customer feels ill, or suspects that have had contact with an infected person. Move services can be canceled or postponed to mitigate risk and ensure safety of Team Members and Customers.
- PRE-MOVE TEAM MEMBER WELLNESS CHECK. We have posted signs and symptoms of COVID-19 throughout our offices to better inform and provide awareness to our Team Members. All Team Members upon arriving at our offices will have hand cleaning supplies readily available.
- INCREASED CLEANING: We are refocusing and increasing cleaning duties at our office locations and in the interior cab of our Moving Trucks. We are focusing our increased cleaning on frequently touched surfaces using an antimicrobial disinfectant on the EPA list of COVID-19 fighting products. Some examples of surfaces cleaned include door handles, steering wheels, phones, work surfaces, bathrooms, and common areas.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: Upon arrival to our Customer’s homes or offices, Team Members will be practicing the 6′ social distancing between Team Members and Customer. We have always valued the professionalism and respect that came with a good introductory handshake, however under this COVID-19 period, we ask that our customers understand for safety purposes, there will be no handshaking or touching.
- OPEN DOORWAYS AND WINDOWS WHEN AVAILABLE: In residential move setting when available, we will ask our Customers to open outside doors and windows to increase air circulation.